Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wednesday, Dec 5 2007

This blog feels like the only way I mark time anymore.

We are on Day 11 of full-time nursing care. Our backs and necks and knees are trashed, every towel in the house has been washed a million times and Ms Lexi never ever stops barking.

We have the I need water bark,
the where the heck is my food bark,
the I HAVE TO PEE NOW bark,
the uh-oh here comes a poop bark,
and my favorite, the where did you GOOOOOOO bark when we dare leave her side

Life is very strange in this house.

But Lexi is doing better.

Today she sat up all on her, without prompting of a treat or any encouragement. She fell right back over, but babysteps are good.

We are no stressing over Physical Therapy. Since she is regaining so much movement in her limbs and torso (aided in part I am sure by all the BARKING!!!!) we want to keep her as mobile as possible. Her muscle seem a little less thin, although she is so boney now.

Her vet recommended starting therapy in January, but I think we'll err on the side of sooner rather than later. We have an appointment next Thursday with a rehab center. They have a hydro-tank where they let the dog walk on a treadmill underwater, plus ball therapy and other stimulation. I can't wait!!!

No comments: